General FAQs

What is SAC?

The Student Activities Council (SAC) is one of the University of Pennsylvania’s six branches of undergraduate student government. SAC funds and supports 220 student organizations and represents their interests to the Undergraduate Assembly (UA) and the Penn administration. It also hosts a bi-annual activities fair to help student groups recruit new members.

The Executive Board (SAC Exec), which is comprised of eight elected members and the Treasurer of the UA, proposes budget recommendations that are voted on by the General Body. SAC Exec analyzes each student organization’s revenues and expenses before making decisions on budgets and contingency funding.

It is important to keep in mind that SAC Exec only deals with allocating funding. They do not deal with money once it has been allocating (i.e. reimbursements). For questions about the reimbursement process and how to use the funds SAC Exec has allocated, you can take a look at this financial guide or contact your financial advisor using the steps outlined here

When are the SAC GBMs for this year?

The SAC GBM dates and locations for the year can be found here.

How do i subscribe and unsubscribe from the sac listserv?

To subscribe to the SAC listserv, send an email to with the following message: sub saclist [Your Name] (Leave the subject line blank)

To unsubscribe from the SAC listserv, send an email to with the following message: unsub saclist (Leave the subject line blank)

When does SAC host its biannual activities fairs?

SAC hosts two activities fairs each year. The Fall Activities Fair is held during first week of classes and the Spring Activities Fair is held during the first weekend of the spring semester. Information regarding dates, times, and the registration process will be posted on this website and sent out through the SAC listserv. You do not need to be a SAC-recognized group in order to have a table at the Fair. If your student organization is not SAC-recognized, email the Activities Fair Coordinator at to register for a table. Signups are on a first-come, first-served basis.


I'm a new sac representative for my student group. What do i need to know?

Take a look here for information on what it means to be a SAC representative. There's also a helpful guide that we have made to walk you through what you need to know in more detail.

How do I reserve a room or space on campus?

Perelman Quad handles reservations for most rooms and outdoor spaces on campus. You can find a list of available facilities on their website. Any registered student organization can reserve rooms without rental charge (you do not need to be SAC recognized, just registered on G.O. Penn), but additional services will incur costs. If you're unsure of how to reserve a particular room or space on campus, contact the Office of Student Affairs at or (215) 898-6533.

What is Groups Online at Penn (G.O. Penn)?

G.O. Penn is Penn's official student group management database. All student organizations are required to register in G.O. Penn every year. G.O. Penn is the official directory of all existing student organizations on campus.

How do I register my student organization?

Register your student organization online at G.O. Penn.

Are students allowed to sign contracts or agreements?

No student may sign any form of contract or agreement. All contracts or agreements for lecturers, performances, speakers, conferences, and services of any kind must be reviewed by the Office of Student Affairs and signed by the Purchasing Department. Contracts must be submitted to a Financial Advisor at least two weeks prior to the event. For more information, please review the Student Activities Financial Policies and Procedures.

Where can I find my student organization's budget code?

Every SAC-recognized student organization is assigned a 26-digit budget code. Please contact your Financial Advisor as outlined here if you need a budget code.

Where can i find the SAC logo to put on my group's marketing materials?

You can find the SAC logo here in black and in white.